So I stole this idea from Isabelle’s blog. Here I’ll write some things I want to achieve while I’m in Japan next year, some things I hope will happen and some stuff I want to do. It’ll be under the Other Stuff category, because..uh, that’s where I want to put it. The idea is that I’ll come back to it after I return to New Zealand and update it, or make a follow up post on what things actually did happen from my list, and what things didn’t. Enjoy!
The List! (dun dun dunnn)
Next/this year in Japan I want to…
- Become fluent in Japanese speaking and writing (Hirigana and Katakana and some Kanji)
- At least pass my exams in school
- Make lots of new friends-for-life
- Become a part of Japanese culture
- Have my host family become like my own family
- ‘Discover’ myself and become a more mature person
- Develop a Japanese-like personality and fashion sense (in other words have a kind of personality change)
- Be able to sit on my knees without trouble for a long time
- Be able to use chopsticks flawlessly and skilfully
- Go to an Onsen
- Wear a Japanese School uniform
- Learn to spin my pen in my fingers like a ninja
- Learn how to make awesome Origami
- Experience the Japanese school opening ceremony
- Have an awesome 17th birthday in Japan
- See the Sakura trees in spring
- Go to Japanese festivals and ceremonies
- Wear a Yukata/Kimono
- Visit a Shrine or Temple, maybe in the mountains? With the beautiful relaxing gardens where you can meditate..
- Do lots of little traditional Japanese things like writing a wish on paper and tying it outside a temple at the new years (that might be way off but you know what I mean)
- Go to Harajuku and Shinjuku (they have the Square Enix head office there ahhhh!!)
- Buy heaps of clothes
- Buy heaps of manga and anime. In Japanese. And be able to read and watch it. In Japanese.
- Buy heaps of other stuff. Just stuff in general. I mean, the minimum spending money I take is $5,000 so…
- Travel around Japan and see the beautiful scenery. And take a gazillion pictures.
- Go skiing
- Eat lots of weird and wonderful food and develop a taste and knowledge for it
- Continue learning Judo. Maybe get a grade higher? Although I hear the Judo here is like Preschool compared to the Judo there..
- If I can’t learn Judo, take up a different Japanese sport.
- Have a good looking
cross-dressingJapanese Boyfriend~ (okay that one was an inside joke). But a girl can dream right? (without the cross-dressing part that is) >___<“
- Sleep on a Futon and eat from a table that you kneel at (I hope my host family’s house will be like this – they probably will have the low table but maybe not the Futon – but if not I hope I can live like this at least once. Experience some real traditional Japanese culture..or something)
- Go to an Anime or Manga or Cosplaying convention
- Become knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Japanese Pop/Rock music
- Go to a concert? That would be seriously awesome.
- Become familiar with Tokyo (somewhat)..well I’ll be there for school everyday anyway..
Quite a long list..hmm..well I’ll update it whenever I think of something new. And I hope all this stuff can happen! ~(^o^)~
Things I’ve added or edited after posting this will be highlighed in red ^^